A massage designed for pregnant women, The patient lies on her side for the massage and is supported by pillows for comfort.
If this is you first pregnancy, massage is contra-indicated during the first trimestre.
Some of the benefits from pregnancy massage are:
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.